My Bliss {Destined to Design}

Hi, this is Jessica from Destined to Design

Sharing a fantastic meal in a well-designed space with friends and family brings me total bliss. I'd like to say I'm a foodie, but the truth is, I just like eating. And being an interior designer, I have a great affinity for aesthetically pleasing surroundings. Living in Los Angeles, where a new restaurant seems to pop up weekly, I have a lot of fun planning my weekends around food adventures. I've actually got a running list of 'Restaurants to Visit/See/Consume At' that's getting a bit lengthy. Luckily I've developed a few food-minded friendships with people in the city that are willing to seek out places like this with me. While it's easy to find something great and stick to it, I try to make a point of taste-testing somewhere new at least once a month, and tend to use special occasions to make reservations at that one great place I would feel guilty about dining at on a normal day.

So here are a couple places I've visited lately that are topping my list. I'd like to think that anyone else with a discerning eye and satiable appetite would agree with me.

 

1. Bottega Louie Restaurant and Gourmet Market

700 South Grand Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90017

www.bottegalouie.com

Recommend You Try: The Asparagus with Fried Egg, and their Burrata & Grape Tomatoes. Their deli Mac 'n Cheese, slightly warmed, is also delicious.

 

 2. Terroni

7605 Beverly Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA 90036

www.terroni.ca

Recommend You Try: The C’t Mang Pizze.


3. Joans on Third

8350 West 3rd Street

Los Angeles, CA 90048

www.joansonthird.com

Recommend You Try: Their seasonal pumpkin cupcakes - no explanation necessary.

 4. Gjelina

1429 Abbot Kinney Boulevard

Venice, CA 90291

www.gjelina.com

Recommend You Try: The Gruyere, Caramelized Onion, Fromage Blanc & Arugula Pizza, and the Heirloom Spinach Salad with Green Olive, Tomato, Feta, Crouton & Pinenut - sounds so simple, but it's all in the spinach. But what will change your life forever is their Butterscotch Pot de Crème with Salted Caramel & Crème Fraiche. One time a girlfriend and I went just for that and sat on their patio in the rain instead of waiting for indoor seating (just to give you an idea).

 

 5. Antique Garage

41 Mercer Street

New York, NY 10013

www.antiquegaragesoho.com

Recommend You Try: Their Grilled Halloumi Cheese Salad.


And for all of your readers that delight in gastronomic creations, here are a few of my favorite food blogs (some for the recipes, some for the kitchen product, and some just for the insane photography). Enjoy!

1. Sunday Suppers

2. 101 Cookbooks

3. Oh Joy Eats

4. Sprouted Kitchen

5. The Jewels of New York