Una Bella Cucina

This time of year nothing is more satisfying for me than a classic Italian meal.



Brinson_kitchen5
images via  1, 2, photography by house of brinson, image 3, 4, photography by house of brinson, 5 kitchen design and photography by house of brinson

A warm bowl of steaming pasta sticks to my ribs and soothes my soul (I love carbs, remember?!).

It's especially spectacular when it looks as yummy as the dishes made by the crazy talented husband and wife duo behind the House of Brinson.

Double the fun if you get to make said Italian dinner in a rustic kitchen. Do exposed beams, stone counter tops and pendant lights actually make the food taste better. I'd like to think so. I hope to serve as chef's assistant in House of Brinson's gorgeous NYC loft kitchen. It's foodie heaven up in there!

Susan, I'm inviting myself over for dinner the next time I'm in New York. I hope you don't mind! In the meantime, I'll try to make my pumpkin gnocchi turn out as beautifully as yours!

Bon Apetito luvies,
*Mrs. E

Pumpkin Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sage Sauce

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes, about 3 large, scrubbed and boiled in skins until tender
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch allspice
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 to 2 cups flour
Salted water, for cooking gnocchi
1/2 pound unsalted butter
2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, minced
1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese

Directions here.